How to Make Wedding Invitations and Cards – Part II
3. Elegant Wedding Invitation
Create these gorgeous wedding invitations using craft punches and calligraphy pens. The elegant
design is perfect for an evening reception.
• Clever Lever Super Jumbo Scalloped Heart Punch
• Clever Lever Jumbo Daisy Punch
• Clever Lever Standard Daisy Punch
• DecoColor™ Extra Fine Silver
• DecoColro™ Silver Calligraphy Pen
• Paper Trimming Buddy: Straight Blade
• Mini Glue Tape
• Wedding Faded Paisley (Dé ja Views )
• Vellum 40 lb.
• Adhesive Pearls (K & Company)
• Black & Grey Cardstock
• Accu-Cut Die A-7 Card Foldout #4
• Xyron Sticker Machine with Permanent Adhesive
• Glue Stick
1. Cut Invitation base out of black cardstock using an Accu-Cut Die Cutting Machine and the Accu-Cut Die A-7 Card Foldout #4.
2. Size computer generated Wedding Information so that it can be cut 4 ½” x 6 ½. Print Wedding information onto 40lb. Vellum and run through Xyron Sticker Machine to get an even coat of adhesive on the back of the vellum. Adhere to the Wedding Faded Paisley scrapbook paper and cut to 4 ½” x 6 ½”. Add glue tape to back of paisley paper and adhere to a piece of dk. grey cardstock 4 ¾” x 6 ¾”. Adhere to inside of black wedding invitation base.
3. Cut a 1” x 11” strip of Wedding Faded Paisley, adhere to 1 ¼” x 11” piece of black cardstock, then adhere layers to a 1 ½” x 11” piece of grey cardstock. Gently fold around invitation so that each end of the layers meet in the middle of the invitation. Adhere ends together.
4. Punch two Super Scalloped Hearts one from the Silver Wedding Texture scrapbook paper the other from black cardstock. Glue the two hearts together. Using the Silver Calligraphy Pen, add a thin silver line around the front of the scrapbook heart. Add small dots with the Extra Fine Silver Deco Pen in each scallop.
5. Punch two daisies from both the standard and jumbo daisy punches. Adhere both daisy sets together so that you can see all petals. Glue smaller daisy on top of larger daisy, add small adhesive pearl to middle of daisy. Adhere to middle of the Invitation Band to cover seam.
4. Wedding Shower Invitation and Gift Box
Invite your friends and family to a bridal shower or bachelorette with these fun, stamped card.
They are a quick and easy, but look lovely.
• Delta Creative Ceramcoat® Acrylic Paint: o Hydrangea Pink 2449 o Peony 2579 o Coral 2044 o Black 2506
• Delta Creative Paint and Toss Wedges 60 511 008
• Delta Creative® Sobo Glue 80 001 0202
• Delta Rubber Stampede®
• Wood Handle Stamps o Invitation 3759H o Stamp Collection Garden 951.03
• 1 sheet of each light and dark coral cardstock
• 1 sheet white cardstock
• Gift box 4-1/4”x4-1/4”
• Brushes by Loew-Cornell Products La-Corneille Acrylic Handle: o Series 7300 Shader #4 o Series 7050 Liner #1
• Brush Tub
• Palette Paper
• Paper cutter
• Adhesive tape
• Embellishments of choice
1. Cut card from light coral cardstock 10”x5-1/4”” and fold in half
2. Cut dark coral cardstock 4-1/4”x4-1/4”, 3-3/4”x3-3/4” and two pieces 1-12”x1-3/4”.
3. Cut white cardstock 3-1/2”x3-3/4”, 3-1/2”x3-1/2”, 12”x1-13/8” and 12”x 1-1/8”.
4. Paint the wider of the long strips in Hydrangea Pink using the 1” wash brush.
5. Paint the box in Peony Pink using the 1” wash brush.
1. Pick up small amount of Hydrangea Pink on the Paint and Toss Wedge, pat excess color off sponge onto palette. Pat the Hydrangea Pink onto image of the Roses from the Garden Set, using gentle straight up and down motion press stamp onto the white cardstock square. Repeat this process until all of the pieces of white cardstock are covered with roses.
Tip: Do not apply color to heavily or it will fill in fine cuts of stamp. Press stamp firmly on surface lifting straight off. Rocking or sliding stamp will cause blurred images.
2. On the cardstock square that measures 3-1/2”x3-3/4” using Black, stamp the invitation message.
1. Using the #4 shader float down the left side of the dress with Coral. Tip: to float load brush first in floating medium or water, pat off excess on paper towel. Tip one corner of brush in color, blend color through bristles using short back and forth motion on palette. Color should graduate from heavy color on one corner to no color on opposite corner. If when you begin to paint, you have color showing from both sides of brush, it is improperly loaded. Rinse and start again.
2. Using the #1 script liner do the dress tie and swirl along the edge in Coral.
1. Adhere the long stamped strip to the long pink strip and adhere to box.
2. Adhere two small dark coral pieces off set on the front of the box on the strip.
3. Adhere stamped square without the invitation to the dark coral square and adhere to the top of the box.
4. Adhere the invitation to the larger dark coral square in the upper left corner and then adhere to the card.
5. Add embellishments of choice.